Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

KIOS: Day 31

What a month it has been! A big thank you to Jamie and Shannon for running the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-Thon! On this, the final day, Jamie and Shannon ask:

What would you like to celebrate about this month and Kickin' It Old Skool?

I'd like to celebrate showing up! I was very, very, VERY busy in the early part of December and I often had to miss days of KIOS and catch up by writing two or three posts together. And I didn't have enough time or energy to read or comment much on other KIOS participants' blogs. That was frustrating for me. But I kept at it, and kept remembering Rule #2: Have Fun! Once I started my vacation, I was able to participate more fully and it has been wonderful getting to know many of the talented writers and creative souls who took up this Blog-a-Thon challenge. 

I'd also like to celebrate my favourite December I can remember. I often struggle at this time of year, and this year I hardly struggled at all - I just accepted that there were limits to what I could do and cut myself a lot of slack. Participating in KIOS at a pace I could handle was a daily reminder of how to be kind to myself and also a welcome injection of fun and heart connections at a hectic time of year. 

I hope we all can do it again next year! 

4 comments:

  1. Yay to giving yourself some slack! We beat ourselves up often enough. ;)
    Thanks for participating and see you next year! All the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fun fun fun, remember the fun! Even though my energy just sucked this month and I couldn't really participate each day, I had fun with my little tablet in bed, just surfing to read all everyone shared! I'm so glad we all hopped on to do KIOS...and looking forward to continuing reading as the new year unfolds, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really got what you said: "I often struggle at this time of year, and this year I hardly struggled at all - I just accepted that there were limits to what I could do and cut myself a lot of slack." Yes! It felt much like that to me this year too. All the best for a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete