Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 6: Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-Thon

I missed yesterday - it was a busy day. I hope to do a make-up post later today, but for now, I'm staying in the moment. - ed.

My First Blog Post!

I've only been running this blog since May, but my musician blog has been going since 2009 and I decided to post my first post from that blog:

http://alexsings.blogspot.ca/2009_10_01_archive.html

It was really fun to look back at that and see that what prompted me to start a blog in the first place was to share a joyful experience I had with my community and to shout out to all the great people who made it possible.

I'm still like that. I like to share my experiences of my community and my feelings when I blog - mostly joyful feelings, but sometimes more difficult ones. Blogs are great places to share and be in connection!



6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog post. I found the idea of a "rock goddess" getaway week-end fascinating as most of the "getaways" I've done have usually been spiritually-based on some level - although often music is involved - usually drumming so I guess there is a little "rocking" going on. ~ John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The women's rock weekend is super-fun and interesting. Playing an unfamiliar instrument is mind-expanding! I love drumming - always exciting with different people - glad you getaway for those explorations, John!

      Delete
  2. You are so right it is all about community. I read your first post on this blog and I love what you had to say! I hope you are enjoying this space and having some fun with this blog a thon. I like getting to know more about people in this sharing way.
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I am enjoying the Blog-a-Thon, though I'm so busy I'm days behind. But I'm remembering rule #2 - Have Fun! I may not be able to participate as fully as I like, but I'm really having the best time I can with it. Thanks for commenting on my blog - I hope to catch up on your and everyone's posts over the Christmas holidays, if not before.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, that weekend away in October 2009 sounded awesome! Your profile picture on that blog is so great, too! Totally shows the joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! It really was a magical weekend and group of people - glad the joy shines through. I've really gotten the hang of joy in my life - my premier achievement!

      Delete