Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

KIOS Days 17, 18 & 19

I just worked two 14-hour days in a row – phew! 

I don't know what's going on with the freelance graphic design/typesetting world I spend some of my time in, but I LIKE IT! It's been slow for a long time, so having the opportunity to catch up with my debts is making me very happy!

I regret that it is not leaving anywhere near enough time to enjoy this Blog-A-Thon. But, in the short spaces available to me, I am having fun! (And being nice).

Here are posts for Days 17, 18 and 19:

Day 19: What are 10 Things Currently In Your Bag?

Oh, my bag. Ugh.

I almost never clean anything out, and that includes my bags. I go hither and yon, throw stuff in, take stuff out, unpack things randomly onto the backseat of my car or my bedroom floor. This is why I'm a little worried about living in a tiny home. There will be no room for mess. And I've lived in a chaotic mess my whole life.

My Bag. Ugh.
Oh, this bag is ugly. It became my default bag when my nice Crumpler bag got put into Bedbug Quarantine in February after staying in a cheap hotel in St. John's, Newfoundland. (Don't ever let them tell you that being a musician is glamourous. It is not.) That bag has been out of quarantine for at least four months, but I haven't been bothered to start using it again, even though it is much nicer and in much better shape.
Excavating my bag can be frightening.

Well, well, what's inside? What do we have here?
  1. Writing implements. I hate not having a pen. Therefore, there are NINE pens in my bag + 3 markers that belong to my mother that I picked up at the end of a recent writing workshop we facilitated together. Well, not so recent – I think that was six weeks ago.
  2. Two tubes of toothpaste and one toothbrush
  3. Three pairs of undies (On a visit to my fellow last week, this bag doubled as a suitcase. The rest of my clothes made it out into the hamper but not these. Why? I don't know.)
  4. Tom's of Maine deodorant
  5. A pack of Kleenex
  6. A box of orange-flavoured Chimes Ginger Chews
  7. Welcome literature from Al-Anon
  8. Printouts of recent Urdu and Arabic typesetting jobs
  9. Hand Cream
  10. A hairbrush
  11. A 5.5 mm bamboo crochet hook 
  12. All of my mail from last week
I know, I was only supposed to list 10 things but I could resist the final two. Bonus Items!

Day 18: Make a Wish

Oh, I'm really sorry I missed this one yesterday. I love Wishcasting Wednesdays.

I have two wishes: a selfish one and one for everyone.

The selfish one is that I wish to find it easy to unclutter all my stuff and move into my tiny home (Read about my recent Tiny Home purchase here). I'm worried about whether I'll be able to detach from things, or maybe let things go and then regret it – it feels scary!

My wish for all of us is to have a safe, fun, creative and happy 2014.

Day 17: Free Association

We're drawing on that old chestnut, free association.
Only we're planning to get to know you - not analyze you!

We share some Inspiration Words.
You share what they inspire in you.

River – runs through it
Fresh – Fruit
Escape – Cowardice
Moment – Seize
Night – Moon (preferably full)

11 comments:

  1. Confession is good for the soul ;-) There are times when we all live out of our bags. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you associate escape with cowardice. That's why I have been loving this blog-a-thon, a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The different prompts really make us confess to all sorts of things, don't they? ;-)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nine pens in your bag made me laugh, as I either have a whole mess of pens like that... or no pens at all. It's the oddest thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I totally relate! If don't have nine, I have NONE. Very weird.

      Delete
  5. I loved visiting with you today! I'm so glad you're playing along - even with all of these super busy days. No wonder you clearly have a "ready for everything" bag! That's awesome. I totally get the need for 9 pens and more!

    As you wish for yourself, dear Alex, so I wish for you also. And us all. ((bighugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie! I you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. xoxoxo!

      Delete
  6. Glad you got a chance to play catch up so we could play catch up follow. Congrats on your tiny new home! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! Hope you manage to get some good rest as well - those 14 hour work days aren't easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! :-) Another short night of sleep tonight :-( But it gives me time to Blog-a-Thon...

      Delete