Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

KIOS Day 26

Day 26: Ten things in your fridge

I'm not at home today, so I'll have to work from memory here:

  1. Two portions of homemade chicken soup in a Corning Ware French White casserole dish. I meant to bring it with me – rats!
  2. Three bags of sunflower sprouts grown by my awesome neighbour, John. I was supposed to take them to my mom's house for Christmas – and I forgot
  3. My favourite condiment: chillies in oil. Om nom nom.
  4. Four containers of yoghurt that are past their best before date. I buy it because I know it's good for me, but I just don't eat it. 
  5. Two kinds of cheese: cheddar and mozzarella
  6. Veggies: carrots, parsnips, celery, peppers, mushrooms, a leek
  7. Eggs – fresh from my mom's hens
  8. Seeds: sesame, poppy, pumpkin and sunflower. I like to keep them in the fridge so they don't go rancid
  9. Cooked beans and thawed tofu, ready to make chilli when I get home (hope they keep - I MEANT to make chilli before I left home on Monday).
  10. Dried strawberries. I bought them at Bulk Barn, but they are so sickly sweet they are inedible. I've been meaning to throw them out for almost 3 years.

3 comments:

  1. Throw the dried strawberries into some yoghurt; I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farm-fresh eggs are the best! We're a little overwhelmed with them here (we have our own chickens).

    I have two portions of yogurt in my fridge that have also expired. I need to toss them.

    ReplyDelete