Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The days are long, but the weeks are short

Does this happen for you, too – that you notice that your experience of time is completely relative?

I find that my days usually feel long and by that, I mean they feel full of moments, sensations, memories (new ones being created, old ones being remembered), thoughts, feelings and generally being fully alive.

But, at the this time of year, the days feel loooooong. I get stacked up with desk work and work 8-, 10-, 12- and even 14-hour days. Sometimes my days are full of so much work for so many different clients that by the end of the day that I can hardly remember what I did at the beginning of the day.

And yet, the weeks are short. It's already the third week of February. Almost my birthday. And the back of winter – this terrible, stormy, miserable winter – is broken. I can feel it, in the increase in rain storms over snow storms and the increased frequency of warmer days over colder days.

And it's a good thing too. My stock of wood is running short and so is my temper.
The ever-shrinking and very snowy woodpile.

No comments:

Post a Comment