Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Farewell for now, Wholehearted House

It's moving day here and I'm up early (but not too early, thankfully).

It's a chilly morning, about 7 degrees outside (and I'm sure inside as well). In a few days, it is forecast to go down to 3 overnight, and eventually, if this winter is anything like last winter, it will be -17. Brrrr! 

I know in my bones that I am making the right decision. I really don't want to be stoking the fire every two to four hours, 24 hours a day for the next six months. I just don't have it in me. 

Downgrade me from Eco-warrior to Eco-Peace Corps Officer, I guess. 

Although actually, that's not entirely fair. While this place is super-sustainable in warm weather (low water and electricity use), the windows are so non-air-tight, I'd be heating the outdoors all winter trying to stay warm - and that is not a very ecologically sound thing to do. And it would also be exhausting. 

The winter accommodation I've found is only about twice as big as my tiny home and it's properly insulated with much better windows. Yes, it wins the efficiency (and ease) contest by a mile. 

I'm going to miss this place. There is a very special energy here. Last night she gave me a farewell gift, this sunset:


And while I don't have the technology I would need to take a picture of the moon and stars last night and this morning, take my word for it that they are glorious!

I'll be back for visits! And although spring is six months away, it will return eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment