Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer Cat Door

I want to install a cat door in my Tiny Home for Salinger, so he can come and go as he likes.

This feels like a complicated process which will involve making a hole, or enlarging an existing hole in the shell of my home and installing a cat flap (which I understand can be purchased, making that part easier, thankfully). Also, because my home is rather high off the ground, I will probably have to construct some kind of ramp for Salinger to use to get to the door.

As I believe I have mentioned before on this blog, I am not particularly handy.

Fortunately, I know lots of people who are handy and I'm sure one of them will be willing to help me. One of these days. It's not exactly a high priority for anyone at the moment.

So, with the warmer weather, I've made a "summer cat door". On a few occasions when I've left Salinger shut inside for an hour or two, he got busy clawing at the screen door at the bottom corner. So, yesterday, I cut the screen, freeing the already-torn corner from the edges of the door. Now, in fair weather, when I can leave the outer door open, Salinger can go in and out of his own accord. After showing him a couple of time how it works, he totally has the hang of it.

He is a smart kitty. 






2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Now for the winter version ...? Um, I wonder how that will work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder, too! There will definitely be some sawing involved... *bites fingernails nervously...*

      Delete