Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dream Interlude

I had the oddest dream last night and it has recalled itself to me several times today (including right now). 

I was in a library, but no ordinary library. It was a tidal library. The library was a cove and the tide came in to the shelves of books like it would to a rocky beach.

In this library, they were having a sale to raise funds, and I was going through a shelf of DVDs with another person (whom I shall not identify because I don't think it will make any difference to you, dear reader, and I don't want to invade anyone's privacy by publicly announcing that I dream about them).

Among these DVDs were several of old Warner Brothers cartoons. On the covers, the characters were presented in recognizable silhouettes. Remember Daffy Duck as The Scarlet Pumpernickel? He was there. As was good old Bugs.

And then, there was a silhouette of Sweetums. Plain as day. My mind boggled. But, Sweetums was a muppet! Did Jim Henson steal him from the Warner Brothers? I gasped. And then I woke up. 

Interpretations?

2 comments:

  1. Dreams, so much research, so much published; you can disappear down that hole and stay in never-land until they send a search party. But Daffy & Sweetums, tides, beach, library, fund raisers, and someone else; it sounds just like you. You didn’t ask for a short course on interpreting dreams so straight to the chase. One of two options; it could be about affirmation. You didn’t allude to how you felt in the dream. At peace, it could mean that you are where you need to be and your energy is being spent rightly. On the other hand (perplexed), it may be a bump or a nudge to reconsider some present reality and be prepared to move on. If you were an ambivalent spectator then it might be just subconscious card shuffling. The WB-Muppets disconnect, who knows? Something to do with jurisdictions or pedigrees? My dreams are usually about being chased or searching for something. The gurus say that’s about preparation for either anticipated challenges or a prompt to overcome some internalized anxiety. My interpretation and $3 can get you a cup of coffee, most anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're good at this. I felt absolutely ordinary in the dream (and indeed, flipping through DVD's on a library fundraiser shelf is the sort of thing I would do in the everyday.) And, then, puzzled and slightly shocked about Jim Henson's apparent copyright infringement. Perhaps I am feeling slightly shocked about reality being somewhat different from the way it was purported to be. Hmmm.

      Delete