Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Move: Part 6 (Hey Bus Driver, Speed up a LIttle Bit!)

Nothing about the pace of this move is going as planned.

First, I moved my living quarters into the Tiny House a couple of weeks early, because I wanted to give my cat a home, without him having to move more often than absolutely necessary.

Yesterday, during a party and after telling about 30 kindly interested people that I had my rental place until May 31, I received a message from my landlord, asking me if it would be possible to be out on April 30 instead of May 31. He has other tenants lined up, which is great, as it is not always easy to fill rentals out here, but the tenants would ideally like to be in on the first of May rather than the first of June.

The next tenants are currently under-housed and I see no reason to withhold adequate housing from people for a month just so I can have the nice leisurely move I had imagined. Fortunately, I don't have much desk work today or tomorrow; all my layout/design clients seem to be chill for the holiday weekend. So, I will get in up to my elbows with the sorting and discarding tasks that await me.

It will not be easy. It is scary in there. While I was so busy over the past couple of months, I dumped everything on the floor thinking, "I'll deal with that in the move."And, when some folks moving into the neighbourhood bought a lot of my furniture, all of the contents of said furniture went on to the floor.

I include a photo or my rental space which may horrify some and delight others:

And here is a picture of the Tiny House in it's current minimal (and rather messy) set up (I'm thinking of moving the bed to the other end of the house...):


Wish me luck with the move, and don't forget that I'm having two events a week from today – a sale of excess items at the West Dublin Hall during the Market from 9-1 and a concert to fundraise for Tiny Home infrastructure in the evening at 8pm, also at the West Dublin Hall. I'd love to see you on April 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment