Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Word of the Year – 2021

This is my only blog post in 2020. 

I was beyond words for most of this year. 

I didn't know what to say or how to say it. 

I still don't. 

Something drew me here this evening, though. 

A call, to write, to say something

Anything.

Word of the Year? 

For the first time in 5 years, I didn't post a Word of the Year for 2020. I remember picking one, but I can't remember what it was. Most likely it would have been meaningless by March anyway. 

I've picked a word for 2021. 

The word is:

Embrace

2021, this is me, betting myself that I can find some way to wrap my arms around you. 

I don't know how yet. I don't even know if I want to. 

I just know I'm going to do it. 

Somehow.

1 comment:

  1. So happy about the return of this tradition, and a great post and word to look ahead to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete