Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Chickening Out – Winter 2014

Well, I'm doing it! By which I mean to say that I'm not doing it.

All of those winterizing tasks? The thought of being tied to my wood stove, feeding it every three-to-five hours? Being sometimes stuck at the end of a long, snowy driveway through a potentially long, snowy winter?

I'm just not feeling up for it this year.

So, I started looking for alternatives and yesterday I picked one. The perfect winter rental for me: November to April - a mobile home rental only 3 times the size of my current house with an oil furnace, running water and a location much closer to town. The driveway is short and level. The space is cozy and the living should be trouble-free.

I haven't told Salinger yet, but he'll figure it out when we move next month. And we'll be happy to spend the winter looking forward to being back in our Tiny House in the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment