Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Skeeters!

I was feeling rather smug about having good screens in my Tiny Home's windows. Most of them are free of holes and fit the windows well. Only a couple of the screens have gaps and the bugs didn't seem to seem to be finding those gaps.

I am very allergic to black fly and mosquito bites. I get great swollen welts and itch for days. So it was with a sense of refuge that I tucked into my house each evening, or for breaks during the day. When I was sorting yesterday, I came across the mosquito netting which I had used in my last rental – where there were no screens fitted to any of the windows – and I chucked it gleefully in a back corner.

Then, last night they all found their way in. Wave after wave of mosquito warriors. It went something like this:

Whine of wings.

Bite.

Smack.

Grumble, grumble.

Wake up, get a flashlight and go on a killing spree, taking out all the little bastards who'd managed to find their way in. Fall back to sleep for an hour or two and then...

Whine of wings.

Bite.

Smack.

Grumble, grumble.

My bed is full of little mosquito corpses this morning. 

Needless to say, I will be digging that mosquito netting out of its obscure corner and installing it today. Fortunately, I find mosquito netting appealing, romantic. Also, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment